Cyber Security for Beginners CourseLearn the core concepts involved with protecting your website against cyber attacks
Cyber security is such a brand new area that has been growing in prominence over recent years with many large scale hacks and attacks that are happening on a daily basis. Whether you are responsible for the cyber security within your own organisation or you are a business owner, you need to be taking cyber security seriously to minimise the risks of being attacked. It’s not the 1930’s, you can’t just leave your front and back doors open any more.
When organisations ignore cyber security, it is only a matter of time until your website becomes the next victim. With so many entry points hackers and attackers target, you need to be covering all of your basis. This course is open to anyone wanting to learn the common ways hackers get into websites and take them offline, and most importantly, what you can do to protect against these types of attacks.
Throughout the day you’ll learn;
- Why is cyber security such a big deal at the moment and why you should care
- How to quantify the risk to your organisations in terms of lost sales, brand and reputational damage, serious data breaches and lost revenue
- Types of cyber security attacks including;
- Social engineering attacks
- Unpatched software attacks
- Poor website development attacks
- Phishing attacks
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks
- Brute force attacks and more
- The types of backups you need in place as a minimum to ensure that you can recover from a breach with minimal downtime
- What the OWASP Top 10 are and understand the core ways people attack websites
- How to protect your website with network level security and firewalls
- How to protect your website with server level security and firewalls
- How to protect your website with software level security and firewalls
- How to monitor cyber attacks in real-time
- Cloud based tools to minimise the risk of a cyber attack
This course is designed to teach you the core fundamentals for the various aspects involved with cyber security. Whether you are responsible for cyber security within your own organisation or you are running a business and need to understand the various levels of cyber security protection you need to get in place.
What to Bring
This course is 100% theory based. Should you wish to bring a laptop or tablet to follow along and check your own website throughout the course, you are more than welcome to.
The full day course includes;
- Tuition taught by Michael Cropper a website cyber security expert who works with various website technologies on a daily basis professionally and helps organisations recover from attacks and put in place preventative measures
- Room hire
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A copy of the teaching materials
Price: £349 + VAT
It is expected that you are familiar with the concepts covered in the Website Development for Beginners course. While this is a beginners course, some of the concepts do get quite technical.