Ecommerce for Beginners CourseLearn the core concepts involved with running a successful ecommerce store powered by WordPress and WooCommerce
This ecommerce for beginners course is designed to get you up to speed with the most popular ecommerce platform in use today, WordPress with the WooCommerce Plugin. This course will teach you the core concepts related to ecommerce to shortcut the steep learning curve when people start experimenting with ecommerce through their website.
This course is open to anyone wanting to learn about ecommerce, the popular platforms available along with their pros and cons, plus how to link in with platforms and payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe. If you are looking to sell products and services through your website, then this course is for you.
Throughout the day you’ll learn;
- The popular ecommerce platforms in use today ranging from WordPress and WooCommerce to Magento and a variety of tools in between
- How to choose the right ecommerce platform to suit your needs
- An overview of core ecommerce settings within WooCommerce
- Dealing with currencies and taxes
- How to add products to sell
- How to manage your stock inventory with Stock Keeping Units (SKUs)
- How to sell backorders for when products are out of stock temporarily
- How to calculate shipping based on customer shipping location or weight and dimensions of the product
- How to use Up Sells and Cross Sells to maximise your revenue
- How to add in structured information about your products with Product Attributes and why this is extremely important to get right from the outset
- How to customise the Purchase Order Note that the customer receives for specific products
- How to collect customer reviews for your products
- How to add Product Variations to allow the customer to personalise their items they are purchasing
- How to extend the functionality on your WordPress WooCommerce store to suit your needs
- How to report on sales performance
- How to track your ecommerce activities within Google Analytics
- How to configure payment gateways including PayPal and Stripe
- How to encrypt your website with an SSL Certificate which is essential on all ecommerce websites
Each attendee will have a demo WordPress website configured on the web server for you to experiment with throughout the duration of the course to practice the various aspects of what is being taught.
What to Bring
Throughout the course you’ll need a laptop for some of the interactive parts. If you do not have one, a tablet will suffice or simply work with another attendee to shadow them. The ecommerce for beginners course is approximately 50% theory and background understanding and 50% hands on.
The full day course includes;
- Tuition taught by Michael Cropper a WordPress and Ecommerce expert who works with WordPress and Ecommerce on a daily basis professionally
- Room hire
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A copy of the teaching materials
- One week’s free web hosting to continue to test and improve your website
Price: £349 + VAT
It is expected that you are familiar with the concepts covered in the Beginners Guide to WordPress course and the core concepts covered in the Beginners Guide to Web Development course. While these are not essential, they are hugely beneficial to understand before learning about ecommerce.