Google Analytics for BeginnersLearn the core concepts involved with Google Analytics to understand how your website visitors are behaving
This course is for you if you want to learn how to use the awesome power that is available for free within the Google Analytics tool. Whether you are looking to use this as someone who is brand new to Google Analytics and wants to know what it is and how to use it, or if you are just absolutely baffled with the interface and need someone to talk you through the basics, this course is for you.
This course is open to anyone wanting to learn how to use Google Analytics on their website to understand where people are coming from when arriving at your website and what they do when they get there. The beginners course is designed to give you a crash course in Google Analytics to teach you the basics for how to use Google Analytics as a tool, covering all of the core settings, pages, configuration options and best practice setups.
Throughout the day you’ll learn;
- What is Google Analytics
- How Google Analytics Works
- Understanding Account Settings
- Understand User Management and Access Rights
- Understanding Filters
- Understanding Google Analytics Properties
- How to Link Your Google AdWords Account to Your Google Analytics Account and Why You Should Do This
- Understanding Google Analytics Views and Settings
- How to exclude bots and junk traffic from your Google Analytics reports
- How to track what people are searching for on your website
- How to track Goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on your website
- How Filters work to segment your traffic
- How to configure Enhanced Ecommerce Settings
- How to use Intelligence Events
- How to use Real Time Analytics and Data
- Understand your Audience Including, Daily/Weekly/Monthly Active Users, Cohort Analysis, User Demographics, User Location, User Behaviour Including New/Returning and Frequency/Recency and Engagement Levels, the Technology Users Use to Access your Website, What Mobile Devices People Use and How People Move Around your Website
- Understand Acquisition Data about Where Your Customers Come From Including, Channels such as Organic, Paid, Referral and Social, Google AdWords traffic, Social Media and specific Marketing Campaigns
- Understand User Behaviour Including, What Pages People View, What Pages People Land On, What People Search For, What Events User Do On Your Website and more
- Understand Conversion Data Including, Goals for your KPIs, Ecommerce and Popular Products, Multi-Channel Funnels and Attribution Modelling.
What to Bring
This course is 100% theory based with live demonstrations throughout with real data to highlight the concepts being discussed. Should you wish to bring a laptop to set up Google Analytics on your own website during the course, feel free to do so if you aren’t running Google Analytics already.
The full day course includes;
- Tuition taught by Michael Cropper a Google Analytics expert who works with Google Analytics on a daily basis professionally and is a Google Analytics Certified Individual
- Room hire
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A copy of the teaching materials
Price: £349 + VAT
Nothing. It is expected you have an interest in learning how to measure your website activities accurately rather than relying on opinions and gut feelings.