Introduction to Scrum CourseLearn the core non-technical processes behind powerful rapid development scrum principles
Traditionally when companies are developing software projects or shipping products the Waterfall development process was used. This has been proved many times to be an extremely inefficient way of developing software which is why leading companies are using agile development processes such as Scrum which allow them to deliver value faster to their customers.
If your company is not developing software at the speed you would like and is using a convoluted development process that is not fit for purpose, then it is probably about time you take a look at how agile Scrum development can significantly help your organisation develop software faster, with fewer errors and software that is easier to maintain.
This course is open to anyone wanting to learn about Scrum principles.
Throughout the day you’ll learn;
- How Scrum is different than the traditional Waterfall development methodology
- Why the traditional Waterfall model fails for complex software projects
- The core concepts and framework behind Scrum and agile development
- The core concepts behind Sprints within the Scrum framework
- The core user roles from your staff that power the Scrum framework including the Product Owner, Scrum Master and the Team which is everyone else included throughout the process for both technical team and non-technical team
- The core processes and items powering Scrum including Product Backlog, User Stories and Sprints
- The process for how prioritised items from the Product Backlog move into the Sprint Backlog and how this feeds in with overall progress on a Burndown Chart
- The core ceremonies throughout the process including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and the Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Practical examples of how the Scrum process works, who is involved in what stages and where core roles and responsibilities sit
- Software to manage the Scrum process on a day to day basis
What to Bring
Just bring yourself on the day.
The full day course includes;
- Tuition taught by Michael Cropper a Scrum expert who works with various
website technologies on a daily basis professionally
- Room hire
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A copy of the teaching materials
Price: £349 + VAT
This course is open to anyone looking to learn about Scrum. This is not a development focused course, this is aprocess focused course.